This award is for clinical research or clinically relevant research in the UK, and intended primarily as finance towards an existing project for researchers working in the filed of diabetes rather than the full funding of projects or salaries of established research workers.
We will open for applications for 2022 in September 2021.
(If you experience any issues dowloading this form please contact the Foundation Administrator)
The objective of the Grant is to further research within the field of diabetes mellitus in the UK.
The annual amount available for the Grant is decided by the Trustees each year. A selection committee will recommend applicants and the final decision for funding is granted by the Board of Trustees.
Trustees expect all award recipients to adhere to regulations, and where appropriate the research governance framework.
Who can apply?
The grants are open to all health care professions and other
professions working in the health care arena (such as scientists,
statisticians, engineers) living and working in the UK.
Guidelines for completion of applications
1) Preliminary Application
· Grant Application forms are available on the Foundation web site: www.novonordiskfoundation.org.uk
· Do not provide supplementary paper or appendices – these will not be considered by the Board
· State all funding requirements
· If the project involves patients, healthy volunteers or animals please enclose an appropriate statement concerning Ethics Committee opinion or relevant licences
· Where the Grant forms part of a larger project, please state the source of the additional funding
· Complete all sections
· All applications must be submitted electronically to email@example.com
· Applications will be reviewed by the Research Selection Committee (RSC) this includes applicants CV.
· A short list of candidates will be invited to submit a Full Application.
2) Full Application
· Full Application forms will be sent to the short listed candidates.
· Applications should be submitted electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The award is granted for the purpose stated in the notification from the Board and the amount granted is, unless agreed otherwise, fixed on the basis of the application. If the recipient wishes to change the project, or to use the funds in a way that differs substantially from the application, permission from the Board should be obtained in advance. If the full amount of the award is not used, the balance must be returned to the Foundation.
On completion of the project a report must be submitted to the Board.
In publications appearing as a result of the award, acknowledgement should be made to the support provided by The Novo Nordisk UK Research Foundation.
Due to the number of applications received and the time demands placed on reviewers, unfortunately, it is not possible to provide feedback to each individual application.
For further information please refer to The Foundation Policies and Guidelines which can be found on the Foundation website.
All enquiries should be directed and applications submitted to:
Jackie Shuttlewood, The Novo Nordisk UK Research Foundation, 3 City Place, Beehive Ring Road, Gatwick, RH6 0PA.
Tel: 01293 762009
Unsuccessful applications will be deleted from our records 12 months after a decision on funding is received.